Feasterville, PA – GIANT Food Stores will re-open the doors of its new Feasterville location tomorrow Wednesday, March 16, 2010 at 8:00 a.m. The 53,000 square foot former Genuardi’s located at 1055 Bustleton Pike has been undergoing renovations since GIANT acquired the store in November.
“We are excited to open our newest store in Feasterville and continue to provide Bucks County customers with convenient and affordable solutions for their everyday shopping needs,” said Daniel Gana, store manager.
Open twenty-four hours daily, the Feasterville GIANT hired approximately 165 new associates.
Key Departments Key departments such as produce, bakery, and deli set off with their own look and feel, giving unique identities to the various sections of the store. These include:
• Market Fresh Produce – in addition to a bountiful assortment of fresh and locally-grown fruits and vegetables, this department includes an expanded organic section with more than 80 varieties of fresh organic produce items, along with a salad bar featuring a flavorful variety.
• Butcher Shoppe and Seafood Market – featuring Certified Angus Beef, 100% U.S.D.A. Choice Grade Beef, All-Natural Hatfield Pork, and Grade-A Chicken – all with no water or salt added and offering a vast selection of steaks, filets and shellfish. The Feasterville store also features a sushi bar with a number of varieties made fresh in-store daily.
• Corner Bakery Shoppe – featuring GIANT’s award-winning cakes and desserts, Old World artisan breads, and delicious fresh donuts.
• The Florist – the full-service floral department features a full variety of roses including Certified Fair Trade Roses and EPA award-winning floral bouquets.
• Market Square Deli – brings the freshest assortment of deli meats and cheeses including Boar’s Head products, a world-class assortment of specialty cheeses, and delicious salads and entrees. Customers will also find great-tasting, ready-to-eat sandwiches, GIANT’s signature fried chicken, salads, fresh (never frozen) rotisserie chicken, pasta, soups and entrees.
• Customer Service Area - an enhanced Customer Service Area is designed to meet customer needs and offers many services and conveniences, including Western Union, RedBox DVD rentals, money orders, ATM, lottery tickets and postage stamps.
Health and Wellness With its new Feasterville location, GIANT maintains its strong commitment to providing choices and products to its customers to achieve healthy lifestyles. Customers will find an assortment of natural and organic products in a dedicated section called Nature’s Promise Marketplace, which includes more than 2,500 frozen, dairy, grocery and special diet selections and features a gluten-free product area for customers on gluten-free diets due to celiac disease or other health concerns.
The Health and Beauty Care department offers the effect of shopping in a drugstore for all of a customer’s health and beauty needs but at prices 10 to 15 percent lower than chain drugstores.
Thousands of corporate and national brand perishable and nonperishable products feature GIANT’s exclusive Healthy IdeasTM product labeling system. Blue and green Healthy Ideas shelf tags help customers identify healthy options as they shop the aisles.
In addition to healthy products, GIANT also offers customers a variety of in-store solutions to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. Healthy Ideas Magazine, a free 32-page health and wellness publication focused on healthy living as it pertains to food, is available quarterly to GIANT customers.
Customer-Friendly Technology GIANT features state-of-the-art technology that provides added convenience for shoppers. GIANT’s award-winning Shopping Solutions kiosks, which are conveniently located throughout the store, enable customers to use the interactive touch-screen to check personalized BONUSCARD savings offers, print off coupons, locate an item in the store, and place a deli or Great Entertaining party tray order. GIANT also makes it convenient for customers to find meal ideas by providing access to more than 2,500 tasty recipes that can be printed from the Shopping Solutions kiosks.
EasyScan allows customers to utilize one of four self-scanning units to expedite the checkout process. EasyWeigh enables customers to weigh their produce, bulk food and other items making checkout quick and easy.
Community Stewardship GIANT celebrated the opening of its newest store by providing $4,000 in donations to the following local organizations in a special presentation on March 15 at the store:
• Lower Southampton Twp. Fire Marshals Office
• Lower Southampton Twp. Police Dept. "DARE"
• Neshaminy School District
• St. Stephen's Lutheran Church Food Bank
“GIANT has a strong commitment to local food pantries, improving the quality of life for children and supporting local community organizations and we look forward to continuing this effort in Feasterville,” added Gana.
Economic Heritage GIANT Food Stores has deep roots in Pennsylvania, founded 88 years ago in Carlisle. Today, GIANT is the third largest private sector employer in The Commonwealth, employing more than 20,000 Pennsylvanians statewide. The Feasterville store is the 17th GIANT to open in Bucks County since 1986.
Grand Opening Festivities
In celebration of the grand opening, Feasterville customers can enjoy special grand opening savings, in-store entertainment, and giveaways over the next four weeks:
• On March 16, join the famous Mummers String Band to celebrate the grand opening.
• On March 19, a Party Magic Clown will be on hand to entertain children.
• During weekends in March and April, look for special trinket giveaways for children.
About GIANT/MARTIN’S Headquartered in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S is a leading retail grocer in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, operating under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets and employing nearly 30,000 associates. Founded in 1923, GIANT and MARTIN’S have a long-standing commitment to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children in addition to working with hundreds of local organizations annually. GIANT/MARTIN’S was awarded the 2010 Golden Grocer Award by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for its leadership in the fight against hunger. In addition, GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. GIANT and MARTIN’S are Ahold companies. For more information, visit www.GiantFoodStores.com and www.MartinsFoods.com.